Museum Quality Art Fabrication for Sculpture
I fabricated two custom-designed pedestals for the sculpture of Michael Singer.
Both pedestals together took a total of two weeks to construct.
The exhibition in Aalborg was entitled “Michael Singer Projects in Art, Design and Environmental Regeneration.” The opening of this exhibition was on June 7, 2011 at the Utzon Center. It was a major solo retrospective exhibition of sculpture, drawings, and architectural projects highlighting Michael’s collaboration with engineers, architects, biologists, social historians, and anthropologists.
- Art Restoration at the US Consulate in Istanbul
- Art Conservation of the World’s Tallest Buddha
- Sculpture Restoration at the Winfield House
- Sculpture Installation at the US Embassy in Athens
- Restoration of Sculpture at the Denver International Airport
This exhibition went on to the Danish Architecture Center in Copenhagen.
They are constructed of 3/4″ birch plywood with all edges mitered. The artist specified that no coating would be applied to the surface so all edges were glued to prevent the splintering of the delicate edges and corners. The surfaces were lightly hand-sanded.